Youth experiencing houselessness face obstacles inherent in a support system that is not designed to meet their unique needs. Youth-specific shelter services have limitations in how many youth they can serve and some youth experience heightened vulnerability in congregate settings.
A Family for Every Child’s Host Home program offers community members the opportunity to support youth in accessing safe and stable housing while receiving the services and resources they need to reach identified goals and independent living.
Host Homes are:
· Not foster care.
· Offer hosts the opportunity to mentor unhoused youth.
· Supported by A Family for Every Child with 24/7 wrap around services.
· A significant need in our community as the unhoused youth population grows.
· Designed for short-term placements ranging from a few days to six months.
· Matched with youth leveraging a strengths-based needs assessment.
Host Homes promote:
· Opportunities for developing positive relationships.
· Development of individual strengths.
· Stable and safe housing.
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of youth and young adults living in Lane County? Click to learn more.